Subject: RE: Has kernel in 1.4.1 distribution been fixed with regard to BB-Clock?
To: 'NetBSD Port-Amiga ML' <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Job Hanssen <hanssen@dds.nl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/31/2000 19:53:21
Hm... I must be getting really confused now, replying on my own messages...

> > > Ok, what happens is this:
> > [...]
> >
> >  No idea :( But it's hard to believe that the clock is causing this.
> >  In my experience, *BSD normally continues to boot
> regardless of this
> >  message.
>
> Well, I don't know what else can be wrong... Last time I
> hooked up these scsi-drives and booted NetBSD, everything just worked
> as expected. (This was somewhere in October). After that, the drives
> have not been in use by *any* system, so there's really nothing
> changed on them.

I don't know what exactly has happenend on my system, but... I decided to
install BFFS on the amiga-side, so I can have a look at the ffs partitions.

I saw then that I'm using a different kernel to boot NetBSD from AmigaOS,
then I used to 'reboot' NetBSD. So I copied over that kernel (appeared to be
the 1.4.1 Generic). Now it boots fine! Of course it's still complaining
about the BBC, but hey, you can't have everyting at once :-)

Anyway... I have a running system again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

   Job Hanssen