Re: Review article: Comparison NetBSD / Linux for Amiga

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:

> >     With respect to the base OS, or to additional packages?
> >     The former I can well believe, but I've had no end of pain
> >     finding the right RPM at times, and pkgsrc has been a blessing
> >     in comparision.
>
> Because I know how to build my own rpms, and because I can grab srpm files
> and compile and install them in one go. When I used netbsd on my amiga
> there were no package systems, and since I changed side I never saw a reason
> to go back. There is nothing in netbsd I really miss, on the contrary I
> find the linux world alot more vivid and .. simly.. fun.

        I can fully understand that - I know people who switched the other
        way and have pretty much the same sentiments (in reverse :),
        however its not exactly fair to compare package systems with
        NetBSD as it was then to Linux as it is now :)

                David/absolute