Subject: Re: Review article: Comparison NetBSD / Linux for Amiga
To: Martin Steigerwald <Martin-Steigerwald@gmx.net>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kolbj=F8rn_Barmen?= <kolla@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/08/2000 03:30:59
On 8 Jan 2000, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> So this can be a difference worth to mention? NetBSD has a small and well
> defined base distribution, whereas Linux most often have big distributions
> with all bells and whistles which not everyone would need?

Correct.

Linux has turned into the desktop of the unixen, the "windows" among them.

NetBSD has few bells and whistles but has better "hidden" features that
the most geeky among geeks (pardon the term) find cool. Very usefull for
various server tasks.

 Kolbjørn Barmen |    a3k/o6o/6o4e/AmigaOS/MacOS/LinuxPPC   |    // T e a m
 <kolla@nvg.org> | a12ooCT/o3o/Linux-m68k  a6oo/o3o/AmigaOS | \XX/ A M I G A
 Nettverksgruppa |    "I met the Amiga and fell in love..." | <amiga.nvg.org>