Re: Review article: Comparison NetBSD / Linux for Amiga

Napisane 07-Sty-00 przez: Aymeric Vincent...
>Lars Hecking <lhecking%nmrc.ucc.ie@localhost> writes:

>>  Who is running some kind of Unix on the Amiga without a gfx card?

>I do. Without even a screen, because of lack of room... I use a serial
>console.

Me too. For... how many? ... three years now probably. It is a great and well
known Amiga based internet server.

>> Is AGA good enough for X11?

>Definitely not, unless you like to use X11 with just 2 bitplanes...

Which is not THAT bad if all what you need is simply a couple of xterms.
Remember that NetBSD doesn't come with Linux-style virtual consoles what is
IMHO the only superiority of Linux/Amiga over NetBSD/Amiga. Sure, you can use
e.g. 'screen' to try to emulate that feature but it is definately less
comfortable.

P.S. Forgot about the second one. Linux has writable adosfs (yes, I know I
should have made it for NetBSD two or so years ago but you all know)...

--
      / /
     / /