upgraded to NetBSD1.4.1 and a lot more problems!

I downloaded netbsd1.4.1 and installed and the first strange thing i noticed is
the console
screen (grf3) when in it's default resolution (640x480 or something) The pixels
shimmer.
Like the interlace feilds are not regestered properly. Disapears on this
800x600 and 1024x768
modes. I'm getting a message in boot up -- no battery backed up clock (it did
work before on netbsd1.3.2 prior to 2000. Now the real problems. Netbsd 1.4.1
find the extra 8MB of FAST RAM on my
Microbotics 8UP card. This card was ignored by netbsd 1.3* When running X (via
xdm) all works
when logging in but as soon as any program is run from X the machine freezes,
no cursor movement,
no panic just frozen. As I've had troubles with this mem card i decided to see
if removing it would fix the problem. So i took out the card and tried again.
This time the same exact thing happend but i was able to run a few programs
first. ie I was able to use slightly less emeory before the freeze. So i
reboted and left the computer over night. This morning the standard tty login
propmt was there with flashing cursor but no keyboard entry was processed.
Looks like the same type of crash as in X. This is still with the 8UP card
removed.

What can i do about this? Is there some kind of strange hardware problem with
my system?
Can i compile a kernel to fix it? Mem leak?
IS the Microbotics 8UP ram card supposed to work at all with netbsd? I've had
no problems with
the board under AmigaOS.

Please help!
Thanks for your time.

Ben Bogart

NetBSD1.4.1 GENERIC kernel, A3000, EGS-Spectrum Card, 2.1ROMS