Subject: setting language
To: port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Torsten Bücheler <mac@cs.uni-sb.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/19/1999 13:23:43
Hi,

I ran into trouble setting the language variables LANG,
LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC. I don't know where to install
what and set which variable to use german "Umlaute" and
german keyboard in eg. tcsh.

Tcsh is compiled with options 8b,nls,... so this should work,
but pressing any "Umlaute" buttons nothing happens.

With emacs everything works fine.

aclocal complains:
"perl: warning: Setting locale failed
       LC_ALL = "de"|"deutsch"|"german",  (1)
       LC_CTYPE = "iso8859-1",
       LC_NUMERIC = "de"|"deutsch"|"german",  (1)
       LANG = "de"|"deutsch"|"german"  (1)
  are supported and installed on your system.  (2)
Bus error (core dumped)"

(1) this list means, I tried every combination.
(2) well, obviously not. But where should I install what?

Thanx in advance.
mac

--