Subject: Re: SingleUser-Problem (2)
To: Markus A. Regli <maaregli@access.ch>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/24/1999 12:33:08
I have a few questions about your report...
On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 07:17:08PM +0200, you wrote:

> 1) I install the miniroot.fs like written in the manual.
the 1.4.1 miniroot?

> 4) I install the sets of your 1.4.1-FTP-Side over a AmigaDos-Partition:

Please explain "over a AmigaDos-Partition".

>    The sets: base, comp, etc, man, misc, xserver. The kern I downloaded
>    too, but I don't know what happens with that.
> 5) The other sets I take from the Gateway-CD (NetBSD 1.3.2)
Which sets?

> 6) After Time-Code etc. it comes the message, that it was installed and
>    is ok.
> 7) So I reboot with loadbsd -a netbsd.
> 8) @ the line the fsck starts the failure comes like that:
>    */dev/rsd0a: bad super block: magic number wrong*

This sounds very much like your root filesystem is damaged, or invalid.
We need to find out where you installed your system to, and wherefrom
you tried to boot in the 2nd step.

Please
* use rdbinfo or similar tools to read out your RDB (or all of them,
  if youhave more than 1 disk)

* report the kernel startup messages about scsi busses and disks, the ones
looking like this:

xxx at yyy blabla
scsibus0 at xxx
sd0 at scsibus0: more information