Subject: Re: grey screen with PicassoIV
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois-Xavier?= D'Hollander <fdhollander@nordnet.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/21/1999 20:02:23
Hello moray

Le 08-Oct-99, moray a écrit:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, [iso-8859-1] François-Xavier D'Hollander wrote:
>

>> I try to install netbsd 1.4.1
>>
>> I can't start netbsd with the Generic kernel 1.4.1. I have a grey screen
>> just after taping "loadbsd -b netbsd".
>>
>> Netbsd starts correctly only if I remove my PicassoIV.
>>
>> Have you some advices?
>>
>> Someone can send me a working kernel?
>>

>> Thanks for helping.
>>

> It's exactly the same problem I have...
> I thought it was due to my ATAPI Zip not set correctly
> to slave...but I'm beginning to think it's the picassoiv...
>
> Is the piv code inside this kernel active?

I presume yes, because it's the generic kernel for netbsd 1.4.1

I tried to compile my own kernel. I have installed netbsd files with the
install for openbsd. So I can use my PIV. But I can't compile the kernel
because I can't mount my partition in read/write mode.

What is your config?

It seems that we are the only 3 guys with this problem. Others leave for
Linux?

Ciao!

FX

Micronik BigTower (rev 4.0) -   Amiga 4000 (rev B)  - Kickstart v40.68
 A3640 (rev 3.1)             -   16 Mo  -   FireBall SE 4.3 Go
  Picasso IV (v 1.2)          -   GVP A4000-HC+8 Series II (rev 2)
   GVP IO/Extender (rev 6)   -     iiyama 19" Pro 45
    Epson Stylus Color      -       OLITEC SelMemory 2000