Subject: Re: grey screen with PicassoIV
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois-Xavier?= D'Hollander <fdhollander@nordnet.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/21/1999 20:01:28
Hello Markus

Le 21-Oct-99, Markus A. Regli a écrit:

> Hello François-Xavier
>
> On 19-Oct-99, you wrote:
>

>> I try to install netbsd 1.4.1
>>
>> I can't start netbsd with the Generic kernel 1.4.1. I have a grey screen
>> just after taping "loadbsd -b netbsd".
>>
>> Netbsd starts correctly only if I remove my PicassoIV.
>>

> Maybe it's the same thing I had a few weeks ago. The kernel gives the
> wrong frequency, so the PIV can't show the screen. I tested a few
> frequencies and found one, which functions good. So you first need the
> BinPatch Tool (on the Gateway-CD or FTP) for the AmigaOS. And in the
> AmigaOS you start the following:
>
> binpatch -s _clconsole_mode -o 82 -r 27000000 netbsd
>
> at the position netbsd you have to give your whole path for the
> netbsd-file i.e. work:bsd/netbsd or something like that.

I done this patch. but this don't solve my problem. My monitor give me
always the same frequency (53.3 khz, 85 hz) that with the generic kernel.

Can you explain how to change the frequency?

What conig have you?

Thanks.

Micronik BigTower (rev 4.0) -   Amiga 4000 (rev B)  - Kickstart v40.68
 A3640 (rev 3.1)             -   16 Mo  -   FireBall SE 4.3 Go
  Picasso IV (v 1.2)          -   GVP A4000-HC+8 Series II (rev 2)
   GVP IO/Extender (rev 6)   -     iiyama 19" Pro 45
    Epson Stylus Color      -       OLITEC SelMemory 2000