Subject: Re: Reboot support for Phase5 PPC/68K boards: please test
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.albedo.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/18/1999 13:50:47
> those of you with P5PPC+68K boards who run NetBSD-current: please rebuild
> your kernel after your next source update, and test wether rebooting works.
>
> If your 68k CPU is a 040, it probably did not come up again. At least mine
> didn't, and I've heard it from elsewhere.
>
> I looked at what Linux/APUS does, and adapted to the NetBSD/Amiga(68k) kernel.
> It works for me, but I want reports from people with 68060 companion CPUs, or
> with Cyberstorm Mk III without PPC.

Hi,

NetBSD-amiga always works fine on 68060/604e board for me.
But there is another problem.  I cannot boot with only ONE IDE hard disk.
Kernel stops after detecting that disk and enters an endless wait (maybe
it ends, but I am not patient enough :)).

Also, I cannot use 2 SCSI hard disks (connected to SCSI controller on
68060/604e board) at once.  NetBSD print a lot of warinings saying
'Parity Error'.  IT ONLY HAPPEN DURING WRITES, so I use one FFS partition
on SCSI disk for reads only.

Note that everything's fine under AmigaOS, and the termination is correct.

	regards

		- Adam