Re: installing kernel

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 07:39:19PM +0200, François-Xavier D'Hollander wrote:
> I've followed the installing procedure
which version?

> but, at the end, netbsd says that
> /netbsd is not installed.

What are the _exact_ words, including a few lines before?

> I've extracted several times kern.tgz with the install procedure,but the
> file netbsd is not here.

Where?

> So my 4000 stays on a green screen when I start BSD with "loadbsd netbsd".

loadbsd does not (normally) access your NetBSD root partition. It accesses
a file called NetBSD throught the AmigaOS file system.

So, whatever happened during the installation of NetBSD is NOT related to
boot problems using loadbsd (unless you use the BFFS file system to mount
the NetBSD partition into AmigaOS).