Subject: Re: ScreenMode
To: Markus A. Regli <maaregli@access.ch>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/07/1999 22:35:13
On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 02:51:15AM +0200, Markus A. Regli wrote:

> I have a big problem. I want to install the NetBSD on my Amiga
> 2000/060. But I have a PicassoIV and a monitor >30kHz. The screenmode
> for the installation seems not to be showed properly by the PIV
> FlickerFixer. (Maybe a doublePAL-Screen)

> What can I do? Is it possible to change the screenmode (of the
> beginning text-screen) in PAL/NTSC or a PIV mode?

which "beginning text screen"? the boot block screen, or the kernel bootup
messages?

It should be what is the default 15khz mode of your machine, that
is, if it is 50Hz, you get 50Hz, etc.

however, you can toggle that between 50 and 60 Hz in the ROM boot selector
screens (hold both outer mouse buttons down during boot) by pressing a key.

using loadbsd instead of the bootblock will help you, too, in this case.

The Kernel should use a more or less VGA style mode on the Picasso, if you
have one.

Some people have reported that they have sync problems with it. I have no
idea why, but can suggest how to binary patch the kernel to adjust parameters,
if need should be. However, it would be faster to search for the relevant
discussion (few months ago, before the 1.4.1 rlease) in the port-amiga
mailing list archives.

	-is