Re: 1.4.1 Generic kernel doesn't recognize Apollo SCSI ?

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

[snip]

> If somebody knows how to write a driver for it, do so, and share with your
> co-apollonians by providing it to the public.

I would love to give it a go, currently my CD-Rom, Jaz, Zip and DDS drives
are inaccessable to NetBSD. Problem is that ACT are not forthcoming with
the necessary info to write a driver - or *ANY* info for that matter!

Just out of interest, how difficult a task is it to write a SCSI driver?
Once/if ACT do get round to telling me how to send SCSI commands and read
the results, how would I write this into a driver? Are their any NetBSD
SCSI tutorials/FAQs online with this information? I have done plenty of OS
level programming in C before, but not on NetBSD so any pointers would be
appreciated.

Could anybody else who is interested in building this driver email me
privatly so I can gauge demand - and maybe build up a list of potential
co-developers and beta-testers for the project.

Cheers all,

Gareth Davis
gareth.davis%kcl.ac.uk@localhost
Department of Computer Science                        King's College London