Subject: Re: Netbsd 1.4.1 and a4000T again...
To: Ciro Scognamiglio <moray@libero.it>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/18/1999 08:28:03
On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 09:15:23PM +0100, Ciro Scognamiglio wrote:
> Zip ATAPI IDE
>
> Oky, I have moved the partitions dedicated to netbsd from the ide
> disc to the scsi one...same result.

Do you have a medium in the ZIP drive? If not, put one in. If yes, take it
out. If both don't work, I suggest that you disconnect it for a test.

The ATAPI interface code is new and might create problems.

> with 1.4.1:
>
> boot with loadbsd -b netbsd, I get a gray screen with black borders
> and nothing more, the same If I transfer the miniroot fs to the swap
> partition (with success) and boot from there (custom boot code on of course).
>
> I think that the PicassoIV Is not the real problem, as if I run from
> the swap partition I can see the first screen where I could change
> the kernel parametres that is a pal screen...so the PIV flifix is actually
> initializated...but then nothing more happens...

Uhm, yes, but... that is still created by AmigaOS drivers called from the
boot code, not by the kernel.

> BTW, how NetBSD behave with the >1024 cyl. problem?
which 1024 cyl. problem?

> BTW as someone suggested I can't see what's happening on the serial (or
> it was parallel?) port as I don't have another computer (and I don't have
> the chance to get hold of one :( )

Not even for an evening, to test?