Re: A3000 and UVM

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 01:34:26AM -0700, David Hopper wrote:

> Problem Two:  In trying to isolate the problem (and looking forward to
> installing a new toy), I upgraded the whole kit to a Cyberstorm PPC 233/'060,
> and added an additional 32 megs.  I had compiled and installed an '060 and
> Cyberstorm SCSI kernel beforehand, but I saw uvm_faults even more frequently,
> with getty, inetd, and others coring into the root.
>
> I then started from scratch on the Cyberstorm with Ignatios' installation
> kernel, and it fails at random points in the installation script with either a
> segmentation fault and a lockup, or a uvm_fault dump.  This is all on one
> single
> memory segment.

Are you using a disk on the cyberstorm scsi or on the internal scsi?
Either way: are you sure the cable and termination are ok?
Sure as in "I looked at every mm of the cable and checked every device
connected to it, and found no termination but at the two ends of the longest
path, and I didn't build an Y cable.".

Yes, it might seem strange that this acts differently depending on how much
memory is used, but I can't rule this out (different DMA timing!)