Re: 128MB limit?

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 10:01:15PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <19990913214618.B449%jocelyn.rhein.de@localhost>,
>       Ignatios Souvatzis <is%jocelyn.rhein.de@localhost> writes:
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 04:20:36PM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> >> USRSTACK has to be changed in vmparam.h
> >
> > No longer. This was made option-able at popular request.
>
> What about a "I_HAVE_A_AMIGA_WITH_ENOUGH_MEMORY" option which raises all
> those parameters to reasonable values?

There is no "reasonable value".

You have four options:
- continue whining
- recompile your kernel when you have a fast machine to support your needs
  better
- rewrite the pmap module
- wait until somebody else does it

> Of course I still prefer to drop support for 4MB machines completely to
> avoid all these problems on decent NetBSD Amiga systems.

I will not punish small machine owners for your laziness. Even on a 030/25
with  16 MB memory,  a kernel build from scratch takes what... 3 hours or
four hours nowadays?
I understand the people with "I_HAVE_A_AMIGA_WITH_ENOUGH_MEMORY" have
faster machines.