Subject: More on 1.4.1
To: port-amiga netbsd <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ciro Scognamiglio <moray@libero.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/13/1999 16:10:00
Ok guys, Im at the point of no return :)

Made some more tests with no result...

Booting with kernel 1.2 and using a root image of NetBSD 1.1
on disk...It does recognise the root partition, mount it, then
I select the usr one and it doesn't mount it giving an error,
"wrong superblock"...

I can't mount anything, no cdrom as this image is quite old and
there is no support for the iso9660 within the mount command,
and the amigados devices cannot be mounted as they are read only
devices...and no, the "-o ro" option doesn't help...

I can boot only with the old 1.2 kernel...the latest one doesn't
work at all, it would be nice to understand why...

Wrong SCSI termination? Never had such problems neither with AmigaOS
nor with Linux...

Something to do with the ide port?? uhm...

My cdrom drive? my zip ide drive? or what?

I can't understand....if I can get the latest kernel boot I will be
able to install it (I'm surely not a newby to NetBSD or unix in general,
just to let you know I work for the Italian Red Hat technical support and
I'm a computer science student, in other words I have a bit knowledge...)

So this is addressed to the ones who have my config (or an A4000T at least)
and possibly to the kernel mantainers...PLEASE HELP ME!!! :)

thnx.

Ciro.