Re: PCMCIA support for the A1200(/A600?)

>>   - The card has to be already plugged, and initialized under AmigaOS
>>     via the cnet.device, or it will say ``where did the card go?''...
>
>Uhm, this sounds like you didnt write all the necessary stuff to initialize
>the single card which the Amiga can support...

Fixed. Hot plugging works, too.
I updated to 1.4.1 (kernel only), but my peecee still panics when I
remove the PCMCIA card... so I didn't add support for ``hot removal''.

>>   - The bus_space_{read,write}_1 macros are not generic enough in the
>This is the sort of thing I feared when I wrote that support. We might be
>forced to use a function pointer call for this in the future... all the code
>needed to inline conditionally might well be slower.

Sure. It can't be left with this stupid test. Do you plan to do
something about it? Should I?

>>     This involved enlarging the size of the page tables in
>>     amiga_init.c or someething like that.
>Uhm, yes.

Is there a way to do this better? Like enlarging them only if the
aperture is really available. Because it's quite big (0x600000 to
0xa42000 p.a.).

>>   - I'd like to know how I can test *properly* whether there are 8
>>     Megs of misplaced RAM, or if the 4M aperture is available for the
>>     cards...
>
>"Look at the memory list."

I'll do this.

Thanks for the prompt answers,
Aymeric

BTW, I'm going to move shortly, and I'd like to contribute the code
tomorrow or something, because I won't be able to work on it
afterwards... How can I do? (it consists of amiga/dev/pccard.c,
amiga/dev/pccardvar.h and a couple of fixes in amiga_init.c,
autoconf.c, files.amiga...)