Subject: 1.4.1 when?
To: 'NetBSD Port-Amiga ML' <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Job Hanssen <hanssen@dds.nl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/01/1999 10:07:05
Hello Ignatios,

I just messed up my NetBSD-1.3.2 Amiga system (don't ask... just remember to
ALWAYS label your backuptapes correctly...). To get things right again
requires me to do a complete new install.

Now, rather than doing a new install tomorrow and then follow the upgrade
path to 1.4.1 when it's released, I'd just wait for 1.4.1 - if it doesn't
take to long. Installing 1.4 now is not an option as I've got to download
everything over my 28K8 modem, while I've got 1.3.2 on cdrom.

Could you please give me an indication of when you think 1.4.1 will be
released? Is it a matter of days, weeks or rather months? I'm not asking for
a releasedate and will not shoot anyone if it turns out that more time is
needed to get a stable release (I'd rather wait a little longer than to have
to do some patching afterwards).

Thanks for all the great work you're doing,

Job Hanssen