Re: adosfs bug

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 01:43:07PM +0200, Stefan Sichler wrote:
> I read there's someone working on adosfs. Here is a small bug:

> adosfs doesn't show '.' and '..' entries in its directories. Some programs
> unfortunately rely on the first two entries of a directory to be '.' and
> '..' and don't show them.

You know...

if any program assumes this behaviour, that program is bogus and should be
fixed (and that would be much easier than messing with the filesystem code...)

(it might be desirable to synthesize the . and .. in the adosfs code, but
 for different reasons...)

What program(s) are you thinking about?

I suggest you report that to tech-userlevel or send-pr the problem.

Regards,
        Ignatios