Subject: Re: ISA Arcnet cards
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/27/1999 20:08:41
On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 03:53:16PM -0800, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	As far as I am aware the reason the drivers were never integrated
> 	into NetBSD was the lack of a 'clean' way to get it all to work.
>
> 	Since NetBSD now has a MI bus_space framework, does anyone have
> 	any idea how much of an undertaking would it be to port the
> 	OpenBSD GGII and/or CrossLink support into bus_space?

Most of them would be easy. There is one that, as I recall, can only be mapped
in a segmented way. Using VGA on it would require a change in the bus_space
implementation.

However, there is another problem: A generic interupt deferral framework needs
to be integrated, so that the Lev6 Busboard interupts can be mapped to splnet
etc.

	-is