Re: PC Keyboard handler

Napisane 11-Sty-99 przez: Markus Illenseer...
>> Since electrically, the pinouts of the keyboards are the same, the
>> principal difference would appear to be the scan codes that they keyboard
>> reports.

> "Doenst werk"  The Amiga Keyboard has onboard-intelligence in the keyboard
>itself (6502),

657x, which is NOT a 6502...

>the PC on the motherboard. Thats why you need at least a
>small adaptor, schematics of which are available on Aminet.

AFAIK the ideas are the same as the same signals (VCC, KBCLOCK, KBDATA, GND)
suggests. The only problem is that they are differently implemented. They may
differ in various ways. Logic, timing, frequencies etc. And of course the
keycodes. In what exact way(s) they do differ I can't say as I don't know
enough about the pc keyboards.

[from another post]

>> Clearly this has been done for the i386 port, so I was guessing that it
>> wouldn't be too difficult to port the code to the amiga side (noting that
>> rather than reading ports, we need to talk to a cia).

> Currently I am not yet convinced that by pluggin in the keyboard, you
>would get any electronic signal useful to be decoded at all.

And that's the problem due to the reasons mentioned above.

--
      / /
     / /