Q: MSDOS hard disk partitions and floppies

Hi there!
        I have NetBSD 1.3.2 GENERIC up and running on my Amiga
1200-68040/40, installed on an IDE drive. I would like to share data
with the AmigaOS side through an MSDOS partition (I suppose is the
only filesystem that NetBSD can write and AmigaOS can read, isn't
it?).

        1. My first problem is that after defining a 140MB MSDOS
partition on the AmigaOS side without any trouble (it is seen by both
PC-Task and AmigaOS), NetBSD still doesn't recognize it. At boot time
I get the following message twice:

"warning unknown dostype: 0x4d534800 marking unused"

and so I am not able to use mount_msdos. Any advice?

        2. I have tried to share data through floppy disks with Mtools
(Gateway CD package distribution), but with any of its commands (when
a MSDOS 720KB disk is already inserted) I get the following message
(BTW, the same message appears several times at boot time):

"fd0: corrupted track (0) data"

If I am not able to use Mtools on floppy disks, I suppose it won't work
with hard disk partitions either (I haven't tried it).

Any help will be appreciated :-)
Best regards,

                Andres Suarez

PS: I don't know if these questions have been answered in any of the
available Amiga FAQs, because I have only been able to download a
quite old NetBSD-FAQ.lha from Aminet; ftp.uni-regensburg.de doesn't
like my e-mail address, and my news server doesn't seem to have a
netbsd discussion group :-(