Re: Q: printer on C= multiserial card

On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 05:44:31PM +0200,
koch%gauss.mpip-mainz.mpg.de@localhost wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using a LJ4 MP, connnected via a serial cable to a Commodore multiserial
> card. With NetBSD 1.2 it worked fine with a printcap entry '/dev/ttyB1' for
> the
> output device. Since my update to 1.3.2 it seems, that the printer cannot be
> found anymore. 'lpq' says, that the printer might be offline.
> Has something beeing changed from 1.2 to 1.3.2 concerning the serial devices?

*thinking* my -current MAKEDEV still has the ttyB1 and ttyBm1
(for blocking/nonblocking). However, the nonblocking devices have been
regularized, and might be more picky about carrier signal than they used to
be.

If you don't have CD wired, you should try /dev/ttyBm1 instead.

Uhm... I assume, as you didn't write otherwise, that you still see the
driver attaching in the kernel startup messages?

Regards,
        is