Re: kernel

Ignatios wrote:
> Ok. After applying the diffs myself, and checking the result, I found that
> ahsc.c was unchanged. I must have forgotten to add that diff to the big
> patch file. Find it below.

Yes, that makes sense.

> Rainer: uncomment the line you commented, and apply the patch from this
> mail, before make'ing anew.

Done. Again, the patch applied cleanly.

Bjoern wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the help, both of you. But it seems like i have to wait 12
> hours, for Rainer`s A3000
> to compile it again =)

Nope, that'll be a lot faster!

Ignatios wrote:
> He'll need about 5 minutes to compile a signle of the kernel files and link
> the kernel.

Yes, exactly. That's the beauty of 'make'!

BTW, those 12 hours included my trys to fix that problem until I gave up
and commented the line out. Also, since my machine actively runs as a
server on the Internet, it has several other tasks to do, as well.

Anyways, the new kernel is ready and again can be grabbed here:

ftp://pv915.pv.reshsg.uci.edu/pub/NetBSD/netbsd_GENERIC133+APOLLO.gz

Enjoy!

Rainer.