Subject: Apollo modified A3000 machines and NetBSD-1.3.x (was: Re: NetBSD)
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/26/1998 22:00:45
On Sat, Dec 26, 1998 at 08:54:27PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > That`s what I want someone to do for me, compile the 1.3.3 kernel (if that
> > is what`s needed) with "apollo scsi fix" so i can run netbsd..
>
> It should be possible to apply and TEST the diff... However, I can't do that
> myself, since I'm (slowly) recovering from an Alzheimer disk.
>
> I promise to create a patch set during the holidays, however.

Done. Look at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/misc/apollodiffs

cd /sys/arch/amiga/dev, then patch -p0 < /where/ever/you/have/apollodiffs.

If it doesn't apply cleanly, there's a problem.

If it does, you can rebuild the kernel and reboot.
BEFORE DOING THIS, CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR VALUABLE DATA.

If the kernel still works with unmodified A3000 machines, report on this
mailing list, please.

	-is