Subject: Re: netbsd
To: None <leksell@basle.crosswinds.net, port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/26/1998 20:54:27
On Fri, Dec 25, 1998 at 11:13:01PM +0200, Björn Leksell wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to install netbsd on my Amiga 3000 with a Apollo 4060 card.
> But I have a little problem, and hope someone can help me.
>
> I can't get the a3000 internal scsi to work. I get the message
> "sbicwait TIMEO @1055 with asr=x0 csr=x0" again and again.
>
> netbsd 1.3.3 should have a fix for that, i tried 1.3.3. But i got the same
> message again.

No, it should not. NetBSD-current has one, but thats NOT 1.3.3.

1.3.3 is a patch release with, basically, bug fixes.
-current is the current developer tree, which is public, but somewhat
experimental.

> Maybe the kernel have to be compiled with that fix included?

It's not a fix. It's, basically, a 2nd device driver for a SBIC (33C93) chip
at a different address than in the original Amiga 3000.

> That`s what I want someone to do for me, compile the 1.3.3 kernel (if that
> is what`s needed) with "apollo scsi fix" so i can run netbsd..

It should be possible to apply and TEST the diff... However, I can't do that
myself, since I'm (slowly) recovering from an Alzheimer disk.

I promise to create a patch set during the holidays, however.

	-is