Subject: Re: Web Browser..
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Ola Eriksson <email@hetpost.ml.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/05/1998 02:59:45
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> > And then it's the huge one, Mozilla. But at far as i understand, it
> > requires Motif, which isn't free, or? (Isn't lesstif a comatible
> > replacement? Is it possible to get that to work?)
>
>  lesstif, the freely available alternative to motif, works charmingly
> smooth with Mozilla. Mozilla/Amiga is available on ftp.netbsd.org
> as package.

Then why doesn't it work for me? mmm..  I'v edited lesstifs makefiles,
so that it compiles an motif2.0 compatible version of lesstif aswell
(since mozilla seems to want that). But it still won't start.
I'm using the mozilla-19980728.tgz (is there any newer binary
package?) The computer I'm running on is an 1260T with 96 Mb ram
and an Picasso II+ card (and some more hardware, that is of no
importance in this subject. :)). And running with NetBSD 1.3.2
GENERIC kernel.

I get about 25 lines of error messages (abit to much to include
here), And then everything ends in an Segmentation fault.
(If it would help anything, just tell me and i'll send the
error messages aswell).

Anyone had a similar problem?  Or atleast know how to get mozilla running?

Thanks for your time.

With Regards
//Ola Eriksson   --    arctic@hetpost.ml.org