Subject: Web Browser..
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ola Eriksson <email@hetpost.ml.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/01/1998 22:29:02
Hello!!!

To make a long and hard story short:
I would like to be able to browse the web from my NetBSD amiga
(Since my ppc card for the other amiga is broke *weep* *weep*),
I have tried Arena (need i say more) and grail. Arena, well it
works, allmost, but Lynx is bettre and works with more pages :\,
grail, well, it's quite good, and nice looking to, but it's
SLOW, and doesn't work very well for me with pager that are
over 1.5-2 screens high (for example, altavista)..

What are my alternatives to a browser? I know that there is Mosaic,
but when i tried it last time, it wasn't much to jump around for.
Yes, Lynx is nice, and works good, but not all that many pages work
all that well in it. :(
And then it's the huge one, Mozilla. But at far as i understand, it
requires Motif, which isn't free, or? (Isn't lesstif a comatible
replacement? Is it possible to get that to work?)
And then there is qtmozilla, but since it's merged into the original
mozilla source three i can't get it to compile, and I can't find the
qtmozilla pkg anywhere (the source pkg from troll software, that it was
originalyd released in)... (In fact, mozilla itselfe won't compile
either, it just stops after a few hours (the pkgsrc version))...

What are my alternatives? Would be really greatfull if someone could
help me out.

Thanks for your time!!

With regards
//Ola Eriksson   --    arctic@hetpost.ml.org