Subject: Shared Libraries
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Kille <mattk@enterprise.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/01/1998 02:23:29
Hi,

I've recently installed NetBSD 1.3.2 from the 'Gateway!' CD, volume 3. I'm
now attempting to install some of the binary distributions that came on the
companion disc. However, whenever I attempt to run the new programs, I get
an 'ld.so: libXpm.so: File not found' type message.

The programs I am attempting to install are 'fvwm2' and 'xv', which I am
extracting into my /usr/X11R6/ root. The unfound libraries are
'libXpm.so.4.10' and 'libjpeg.so.7.0'.

Since I'm not exactly an expert with unix style OS's, I don't know if I
already have these files! (They're not in /usr/lib/ or /usr/X11R6/lib/ with
the rest of the libXxxx.so files.) Have I missed something, or am I
supposed to get these files from somewhere else? Please don't say I have to
compile them myself!! :/

--
Matt.
Amiga 1200T,060/50,16+2,1Gb