Subject: R: Setting Up Dial-Up Connection with PPPD
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: andrea <andrea.franceschini@linet.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/20/1998 09:18:33
>OK, I have the same problems. But problems appeared only when i used modem
57600.
>When I used modem 14400 everything was ok... Try to slow down connection
speed,
>maybe this is the solution. Serial port under Amiga NetBSD is rather
slow...

>Stanley

I tried but i got the same result.
Nothing came back:(.

I asked the SysAdm of my provider about the other end of the peers he told
me that the ppp service
is provided by a WinNT4.0 SP3  with multiple serial ports.

Now , is possible  that the pppd of NETBSD is incompatible with that one of
NT?

I asked other people,that use the same provider,and i know that with user
ppp provided with FREE-BSD
the connection work correctly