Subject: Re: Setting Up Dial-Up Connection with PPPD
To: andrea franceschini <andrea.franceschini@linet.it>
From: Stanislaw Szczygiel <stanley@prof.wip.pw.edu.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/19/1998 23:05:18
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998,  said about 'Setting Up Dial-Up Connection with PPPD':

>  Hi all,
>
>  I'm stil trying to set-up pppd under my NETBSD/amiga.
>
>  I cannot understand where is the problem.
>
>  All seem to work fine except the data transmission
>
>  When i try to ping somewhere i dont receive any response,but the SD led on the modem
>  blinks
>  These are my configuration files:
>
>  /etc/ppp/chat-linet
>
>  ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
>  ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
>  ABORT 'ERROR'
>  ABORT 'BUSY'
>  ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
>  '' ATZ0
>  OK ATX3
>  OK ATL3
>  OK ATDT71586543
>  CONNECT ''
>
>  /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
>
>  me * <My Passwd>
>
>  /etc/ppp/peers/linet
>
>  tty00 57600
>  crtscts
>  debug
>  modem
>  lock
>  passive
>  mtu 576
>  mru 576
>  domain linet.it
>  defaultroute
>  noipdefault
>  netmask 255.255.255.192
>  user me
>  connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat-linet'
>

>  i start connection with: pppd call linet
>
>  The ppp0 come up with the correct (i asked sysop of ISP) local an remote IP ,the routing
>  table are properly initilizied or so seems:
>
>  #netstat -r
>
>  Routing tables
>
>  Internet:
>  Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
>  default            194.185.24.90      UG          0        0      -  ppp0
>  localhost          localhost          UH          1       24      -  lo0
>  194.185.24.90      194.185.24.104     UH          1        0      -  ppp0
>
>  XNS:
>  Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
>
>  ISO:
>  Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
>
>  X.25:
>  Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
>
>  AppleTalk:
>  Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
>

>  Plese Help me !!:((

OK, I have the same problems. But problems appeared only when i used modem 57600.
When I used modem 14400 everything was ok... Try to slow down connection speed,
maybe this is the solution. Serial port under Amiga NetBSD is rather slow...

Stanley

... Babylon's 1 through 3 were sabotaged and destroyed.

--
-----
|____     BYE
     \