Subject: Re: Printcap for PS
To: Ola Olsson <oeolsson@tmisnet.com>
From: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/19/1998 22:52:34
On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 05:39:20AM -0800, Ola Olsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a printcap entry for PostScript printing to the par0
> device using GhostScript (or other filter) that will handle whatever
> is thrown at it, and willing to share it with me?

Hmm what do I have ?

lp|local line printer:\
        :lp=/dev/par0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:sb:if=/usr/local/sbin/apsfilter:sh:

apsfilter was/is found on the NetBSD-Amiga ftp.uni-regensburg.de site
if I'm not mistaken

It was writen by Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.knirsch.de>

> Also, does anyone have experience using GhostScript with odd fonts?
> I'm using ImageMagick to convert multipage PDF files to individual
> graphic files. For the most part it works but occasionally GhostScript
> will choke on an unsupported font with no substitute (Nimbus is one).
> I'd like to know if someone out there is knowledgable about extending
> Ghostscript's font handling capabilities.

Hmm, if it is the courier is being used (read screwed up) as
a proportional font problem I can say yes.
system is IRIX 5.3 with Ghostscript 4 or 5, I think 5
(because of special PDF requirements)

reading them with gv (ghostview sucessor, but much better)
seems not to be the problem

If I'm not mistaken, does Ghostscript not have some sort of fontmap ?

> Thanks Much,
> Ola Olsson

Regards,
	Ruben

--
Ruben van Staveren  -   PGP public key on request   -  ruben@luna.net
Network Operations Mgt      _ //               Luna Internet Services