Subject: Re: PPC woes
To: Michael Boehnisch <billy@psycho.uni-paderborn.de>
From: Stefan Hensen <hensen@wpos4.physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/16/1998 00:35:50
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Michael Boehnisch wrote:

> Yesterday I received my Cyberstorm PPC (68060/50) for my A4000 and
> problems began.  Painful enough the FastlaneZ3 SCSI controller freezes
> the machine during power-up [...]

Could this perhaps be related to the old Super Buster Rev. 9 ?
Phase5 recommended upgrading to Super Buster Rev. 11 for the CyberStorm MK2
(not in the docs, however, but when asking the support hotline) and I guess
this would be true for the CyberStorm PPC as well.

Perhaps you also need a hardware rework of the Fastlane Z3 to get the
latest board revision. For owners of the CyberStorm MK2, Phase5 used to do
that free of cost, maybe they do it in the same way for CyberStorm PPC
owners ... You should ask their technical support.

> A4000, Super Buster Rev. 9, Cyberstorm PPC604/233MHz 060/50MHz.
> A2091 SCSI, A2060 ArcNet,
> 72MB RAM on PPC, 18MB on Motherboard, 1MB on A2091.

Regards,

Stefan Hensen

Stefan Hensen
e-mail: hensen@wpos4.physik.uni-wuppertal.de