Re: Installing NetBSD1.32 without install script

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 01:06:40PM -0800, B. Bogart wrote:
> Here is some further information on my problems. I have previously installed
> NetBSD1.21 with some success. It all worked fine (with X too) but i got

Surely not. You installed NetBSD 1.2.1. There is now 1.21 currently, thats
why I know. This may sound like nitpicking, but please dont mix
patch levels with revision levels.

> strange segmentation fault messages. When i was using netbsd1.21 I also had to
> use the -pZ  options for loadbsd. Anyhow i asked about my segmentation fault
> problem and was told to reinstall from scratch, and since i was doing that i
> downloaded the lastest sets and am using then instead. the install script for
> netbsd 1.21 never crashed on me.
>
> I do have incontigious memory. I have 4meg of fast ram (I assume 32 bit) on
> the motherboard, and 8 on an expansion card. and the 2 chip. I have
> experimented with the -n1 -n2 options with no success, netbsd will only boot
> with -pZ (I belive that the -p means use highest priority memory first, the 4
> on the motherboard, and the Z means that the kernel is loaded into chip mem
> first.)
>
> I hope this helps.

What expansion card? I think we have a bug related to Z2 memory boards which,
unfortunately, never was properly hunted down.

This would explain your problems.