Re: Installing NetBSD1.32 without install script

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 06:02:30PM +0200, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  I only can guess from your description that you might have
> no FPU at all, which makes the very first programm accessing the FPU
> to crash. Normally this would be "fsck", in your case it is possibly
> "zcat". NetBSD/Amiga does support Non-FPU environments, but I am not
> sure about the supplied GENERIC kernel.

some of them. To be precise: 68020 and 68030 ones. _NOT_ 68LC040
or 68LC060, currently. This is clearly stated in the INSTALL document
near the top, so you can't sue me :-).

The emulation isn't complete, but enough for the in-tree system programs.

Btw: zcat, or the gzip -d beneath it, shouldnt use floating point... maybe
with the exception of statistics which are output with the -v option only.