Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD1.32 without install script
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/12/1998 19:53:44
On 12-Oct-98, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 01:06:40PM -0800, B. Bogart wrote:
> > Here is some further information on my problems. I have previously
installed
> > NetBSD1.21 with some success. It all worked fine (with X too) but i got

> Surely not. You installed NetBSD 1.2.1. There is now 1.21 currently, thats
> why I know. This may sound like nitpicking, but please dont mix
> patch levels with revision levels.

> > strange segmentation fault messages. When i was using netbsd1.21 I also
had
> > use the -pZ  options for loadbsd. Anyhow i asked about my segmentation
fault
> > problem and was told to reinstall from scratch, and since i was doing that
> > downloaded the lastest sets and am using then instead. the install script
> for
> > netbsd 1.21 never crashed on me.
> >
> > I do have incontigious memory. I have 4meg of fast ram (I assume 32 bit)
on
> > the motherboard, and 8 on an expansion card. and the 2 chip. I have
> > experimented with the -n1 -n2 options with no success, netbsd will only
boot
> > with -pZ (I belive that the -p means use highest priority memory first,
the
> 4
> > on the motherboard, and the Z means that the kernel is loaded into chip
mem
> > first.)
> >
> > I hope this helps.

> What expansion card? I think we have a bug related to Z2 memory boards
which,
> unfortunately, never was properly hunted down.

> This would explain your problems.

> -is

I did pull the Card and netbsd would boot without the -pZ options BUT the
install script still crashes in the same place. First off is there any way
around the card not being supported? as in should i swap it with a supported
card? or perhaps compile my own kernel to make it work? Seconly if the install
script crash is not caused by the card then what else could it be?

Ben Bogart