Subject: Re: loadbsd -I option?
To: None <gcornu@dtr.fr>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/11/1998 21:27:54
> Can somebody explain to me how to "compute" the argument
> to the -I option of loadbsd.

 -I Inhibit Sync-Negotiation. Option value is bit-encoded targets.
 -I ff to set all targets
 -I 1 to set target 0

 SCSI-II supports 8 targets, including SCSI initiator. To enable one
target set a bit. To set target 0 you set bit 0, "00000001" makes the option
"1", to set target 8, you set bit 8, "10000000" makes the option "80".
To set all bits, "ff". We are speaking for the true SCSI target IDs, not
the way NetBSD sees them once initialized.

 It will probably not help you with your A4091 SCSI issues.

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/