Subject: Problems with pppd:(
To: None <""port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: None <""andrea.franceschini@linet.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/10/1998 17:40:00
(sorry for my english)

I'm trying to set-up my ISP connection trought PPP.

After many effort i finally set-up my connection but...

This is my configuration
#/etc/ppp/peers/linet
tty00 57600
crtscts
modem
domain linet.it
defaultroute
noipdefault
netmask 255.255.255.0
user me
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat-linet'

#/etc/ppp/chat-linet
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'ERROR'
ABORT 'BUSY'
ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
'' ATZ0
OK ATX3
OK ATDT71586543
CONNECT ''

#/etc/ppp/pap-secrets
me * <My Password>

I start connection using: 'pppd call linet'

The modem dial correctly , also i get the correct ip_local:ip_remote
and using ifconfig -a i can see that the ppp0 interface is UP

Also the routing tables seems to be right.

But when i try to ping outside my computer i.e.:
ping <remote IP>

No one packet came back...

Why ?

Im pretty sure that the packet is sended because i see the led SD of my modem blinking.

where i'm wrong?

Please Help Me

Bye:)