Re: Docs on port accessing!!!

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 10:09:07PM +0200, Ola Eriksson wrote:

> I was just woundering if anyone knew of some documentation, or
> information or whatever on how to access ports under netbsd?

> I need to read information from the joystick port.
> Got an caller id system attached to that port, and i wanna write
> some software for it to use under netbsd...

Both mouse ports are input only, and create "struct firm_event" packets
when read, consisting of a timestamp and event type.

(e.g., you could connect your mouse to the second mouse port and install
start the X server with Xamiga -mouse /dev/mouse1)

The full format is documented in /sys/arch/amiga/dev/vuid_event.h.

I know of somebody who connected a DCF77 radio clock and
time-synchronizes his Amiga reading those packets.

If you really need a special driver, you would need to only attach one mouse
driver in your config file, so that it doesnt interfere with your driver,
and be very careful what you do to the CIAs.