Subject: Re: Errors on Gateway3-CD ?
To: None <thomas-peter.klug@db.com>
From: None <johnh@user1.channel1.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/02/1998 08:53:20
> Date:          Fri, 02 Oct 1998 10:27:39 +0100
> From:          thomas-peter.klug@db.com
> Subject:       Errors on Gateway3-CD ?
> To:            port-amiga@netbsd.org

> Hi, Everyone !
> Last night I successfully installed NetBSD on my A4000, but I found some caveats
> :
> there are files missing ! especially in ../Amiga/Binary/Sets/
> These files are empty (length 0) : xbase.tgz, xcomp.tgz, xcontrib.tgz and
> xfont.tgz.
> After checking with several file-systems like AmiCDFS, AsimCDFS, CDFS, original
> Commodore-CDFilesystem and (shame on me!) Windows95, 98 and NT4.0 these files
> are still empty.
>
> Where to get (fast) these files now ?

Well, as you know by now, the files are not on the CD
and no file system will suddenly make them appear.

You need to go on the net to find them.

Start at www.netbsd.org and find the ftp mirror closest to you.
I think the files are in the same relative position on the ftp tree,
it's just that this time the files will really exist.