Re: Antwort: Re: blizzppc.device and NetBSD 1.3.2

>       You can make a powerpc/elf crosscompiler, and in fact NetBSD is in
>       the process of switching to egcs (though there are some issues
>       with m68k cpus), and it will make crosscompiling even easier.

 Crosscompiling would not work for the kernel, I believe. We have discussed
this matter already on other lists.

>       We currently have three powerpc ports in the tree, OpenFirmware
>       based machines, Power macintoshes, and beboxes, so there is
>       certainly some code that could be used for an amigappc port :)

 Not much though. The OWF-based platforms never really supported hardware
using native code - that is the main reason why the ports where so "fast"
being complete. Same probably applies to the other ports, at least basicly.

>       Its certainly a very nice project for someone willing to spend the
>       time and effort to work on! :)

 "The fool on the hill" ?

--
Markus Illenseer