backspace

I couldn't convince the "Backspace" key to perform the action known
under AmigaOS, deleting the char left of the cursor. No shell or
editor could do this using this key.

Can this be configured globally for the entire system, or locally for
a specific application (e.g. sh or csh)?

Yes, I know, ctrl-d does this, but can the "Backspace" key be used for
that as well?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%ibm.net@localhost - geohei%geocities.com@localhost

... don't do anything, I wouldn't do ...