Re: Newbie questions

In article <19980526210521.04913@localhost>,
        bsieker%techfak.uni-bielefeld.de@localhost writes:
> Since 1.3 there has been an option in rc.conf to have xdm started by rc.
> No need to fiddle with rc.local yourself.

In theory: yes, you are right.

In real life: it's not that easy.
Several people - IIRC all of them used "xfs", too - had problems that the
first X11 session died when "xdm" was started via "rc.conf". My system
still starts it at the end of "rc.local" manually because that reduced the
number of jamned X11 session after system startup to 0.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/