Re: Page on www.amiga.de for NetBSD

On 25.05.98, 22:48:24, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> >     Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on how to phrase an
> >     appropriate page on www.amiga.de referencing NetBSD?
>
>  My quick proposal, please correct wrong terms and numbers.

Here goes ... Mostly typos ...

> also available for the Amiga platform. Beeing the the third platform
                                         Being

> NetBSD was ported onto, Amiga has a long tradition since 1993, and
                               has had

> software. Currently a wast amount of Amiga-releated hardware is supported,
                        vast

> such as graphic boards, SCSI host adaptors, different CPU types (from
          graphics                  adapters

>  NetBSD/Amiga is binary compatible to all other m68000-based NetBSD
> platform such as NetBSD/Mac, NetBSD/Atari, NetBSD/Sun3, NetBSD/HP300
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                         Is that true?

>  NetBSD has - unless other free UNICES - another idea to distribute the
                unlike            ^^^^^^ is that the correct plural form?

> System. All NetBSD releases are full distribution sets and do not only
> inclue a kernel, but also the complete user land, including X Window

This is not a strong argument, as in fact most Linux distributions
contain a _lot_ more. And the casual installer does not care what really
is "Linux" or "NetBSD" as such and what has been added by the
distributors.

> and a C compiler. Currently version 1.3.2 is up to date and available
                                      ^^^^^ is it?

> by ftp and on CD-ROM. A complete distribution for all supported

All the rest sounds good.

--
Bernd Sieker