Subject: Re: Page on www.amiga.de for NetBSD
To: None <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/26/1998 18:39:17
> > NetBSD was ported onto, Amiga has a long tradition since 1993, and
>                                has had

 I thought "has had" would imply it no longer has, thus I used "has".
Maby "does have" is better?

> > such as graphic boards, SCSI host adaptors, different CPU types (from
>           graphics                  adapters

 Plural form of "graphic board" is "graphics boards"? Hm.
And for "adaptor" and "adapter" - both is seen.

> >  NetBSD/Amiga is binary compatible to all other m68000-based NetBSD
> > platform such as NetBSD/Mac, NetBSD/Atari, NetBSD/Sun3, NetBSD/HP300
>                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                                          Is that true?

 Yes.

> >  NetBSD has - unless other free UNICES - another idea to distribute the
>                 unlike            ^^^^^^ is that the correct plural form?

 Better plural form probably is "UN*X'es".

> > System. All NetBSD releases are full distribution sets and do not only
> > inclue a kernel, but also the complete user land, including X Window
>
> This is not a strong argument, as in fact most Linux distributions
> contain a _lot_ more. And the casual installer does not care what really
> is "Linux" or "NetBSD" as such and what has been added by the
> distributors.

 It wasnt meant as strong argument. It was meant to show that NetBSD is
more than a kernel.

> > and a C compiler. Currently version 1.3.2 is up to date and available
>                                       ^^^^^ is it?

 At the time this page will be installed, it will be :-) Hell, I improved
my english quite well over the years using the Internet, but may be next
time I shouldn't post a proposal :-) I offer myself to write the german
version for that www.amiga._de_ server.

--
Markus Illenseer