Questions

First I hope I make it into the mailinglist under this adress, as I've
been waiting for an approval by majordomo quite a while now...

A few quite different questions:

1. Who has experience with Qt and KDE under NetBSD 1.3.1 ? Qt compiles
and works flawlessly, but there are some problems with KDE. I made the
essentials and most other parts of the source distribution compile and
work, but there are some exceptions. E.g. kvt won't compile and all the
audio stuff is designed for PCs, it seems. Anybody working on this?
Would really be worth the effort, 'cause KDE is great.

2. In addition to the mainboard RAM of the Amiga4000, I use 16Bit-RAM on
my GVP-SCSI-Controller. This isn't used by NetBSD, if I force it to do
so (MANYSEG), the machine hangs after a while. So: Is the generic kernel
not compiled to use non-continuous RAM?

3. My CV64/3d is treated as dumb chunky framebuffer by Xamiga. Judging
boldly from the not-so-stunning performance, I think this means that the
processor does most graphical operations. Is there any improved version
for the board out there?

4. Follow-Up to 2.: To get the kernel sources (and any other sources,
btw): It's no fun getting those huge archives with a modem... Are there
any specific sites, where you can download only the amiga specific
parts?

So, as this is my first participation in the list, and as I didn't have
the time to browse through the archives, don't flame me if I asked one
of those always reappearing questions ...

CU

Alexx
--
Alexx Riedel