Subject: Problems when upgrading to NetBSD1.3
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roland Pons Roerig <Roland.Pons@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/04/1998 23:23:37
Hello all,

finally I`ve got the time to upgrade my system from 1.0 to 1.3.

I`ve installed the miniroot.fs on the swap-partition sd0b
from NetBSD in the single user mode.

=46rom AmigaDOS I give "loadbsd-2.14 -b netbsd".

After booting the Kernel and entering
the root & dump partitions (=3Dsd0b) and the GENERIC fs,
it gives some warnings about rdb-geometry and clock,
tells "root file system: ffs" and hangs.

I`ve tried several times, sometimes it hangs earlier.

I`ve followed the instructions in the INSTALL file. Only the
RDB-params "Custom Boot Blocks" and "Automount" for
root and swap differ, as they were different for the NetBSD1.0
installation. I didn`t change them, because I thought they are
not relevant for upgrading.

My config:

A2000 1 MB Chip
A2630 4 MB + A2632 32 MB
A2091 + Quantum Maverick 512 MB
Conexxion Ethernet Board, A2060-compatible

I took the kernel and miniroot.fs from
ftp://ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/comp/os/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga/bin-dist/bin1=
3

If you need more detailed information, please tell me so.

I`ll be very pleased if you can help me.
-- =

Bis bald

Roland (Riff) Pons R=F6rig
--