IPFilter addition to 1.2.1?

I've read the FAQs, downloaded the latest (3.2.3) version of IPFilter, but
the loadable kernel module which I would like IPFilter to be operating in
refuses to wor correctly. It compiles after editing a few makefiles/etc,
it compiles fine. However, loading it as a module, in single or multi user
mode, is impossible. It just plain ol' refuses to load. It doesn't say
that the loading failed, it just says after viewing the loaded modules
that nothing has been loaded. Yes my kernel has been recompiled with the
LKM options enabled. :)

Has anyone had any success installing IPFilter into a 1.2+ system running
on an Amiga? By the sources it looks as though the whole thing has been
designed around the i386. Yuck man.

thanks,

marc