Subject: Bell for X server
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@MR.Net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/23/1997 15:33:20
Hi,

	A while back the Xdaniver server had a bell in the amigaBell
	function by sending a BEL to stderr. Seems to me we could
	do the same thing in the current Xserver without causing too
	much damage since the ite driver interprets it properly. IF
	we needed/wanted to get fancy we could use ite ioctl's to
	mess with duration, freq, etc by adding iteioctl.h to the
	amiga.h file.

	To be complete we probably should add an ioctl to the ite
	driver to call ite_bell() to make noise in addition to when
	the driver receives a BEL. The ioctl's to adjust the bell are
	all there, just not one to trigger it. Do any other ports that
	use ITE have a bell ioctl?

	Comments?

		-Rob